Aztec Governing Authority
The Aztec Governing Authority provides the focus, continuity and resources to support the Aztec identity at San Diego State University. The governing authority oversees a budget of ongoing and one-time university funding for curricular and co-curricular activities, educational projects and other initiatives related to the Aztec identity and evaluates the success of those initiatives.
The Aztec Governing Authority receives recommendatons from the Aztec Culture Education Commitee, whose membershp includes the SDSU Chair of Tribal Relations.
Members of the Aztec Governing Authority:
- Adela de la Torre - SDSU President
- Chiloh Baty - President, SDSU Alumni Board of Advisors
- Brittany Santos-Derieg - Chief of Staff, Office of the President
- Christian Holt - President, Associated Students
- Wil Weston - Chair, SDSU Senate
- John David Wicker - Director, Intercollegiate Athletics
- J. Luke Wood - Vice President of Student Affairs and Campus Diversity, Chief Diversity Officer and Distinguished Professor of Education
- Ramona L. Pérez (chair) - Director, Center for Latin American Studies
- Samuel Q. Brown - Treasurer, Viejas Band of Kumeyaay